Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Some beauty in a sea of green!


 
I just love this garden.  Early this spring when the ground was still a wee frozen, I made nicely asked the guys to pull out some old tall cedar bushes that had made this bed their home for the last dozen years or so.  They kindly did this for me, removing first the tops and the roots later when the ground thawed out.  That allowed me to begin working in this little plot! Here I have planted carrots, lettuce, kale, cabbage, beans, peas, tomatoes.  We are greened up with zucchini having enough shredded in the freezer, shared with others, eaten raw and bbqed.  The beans are producing lots these days and the massive cherry tomato which I started inside in February (far right) has been providing us with sweet fruits since early July. Today I picked 27 little gems off of that one plant! 


In the middle of all that green are the beautiful flowers that bloom away here.  This is something I owe to my sister, Julie who inspired me to do this.  She has the most beautiful gardens in Toronto and when she was telling me about the packages of zinnias she plants everywhere I thought to myself, 'I could do that right here!'  So I did. 







My mom loved to garden and though I don't remember working in her gardens, it seems that we have all inherited a love for plants.  Correct me, sibs, if I am wrong.

 
 

This will burst into glorious colour right in my sea of green!
 


 

Isn't God's creation amazing?  What intricate details he puts into beautiful zinnias.  And if He thinks so much of these flowers, think of how much he loves you!  Go ahead and marvel - it does your heart good!





No comments: